The Endoscopy Unit at Union General Hospital provides outpatient as well as inpatient services for patients requiring endoscopic procedures which include:
- Upper Endoscopy (esophagogastroduodenoscopy - commonly referred to as EGD or gastro)
- Colonoscopy - diagnostic and screening for colon cancer
- ERCP - for removal of gallstones in biliary ducts or to place stents for drainage
All procedures provide internal visualization, evaluation, and diagnosis of disease using fiber optic scopes with lighting to visualize internal organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
Sedation is provided by qualified, certified registered nurse anesthetists. Nursing care is provided by qualified registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and medical technicians. Recovery staff are RNs or LPNs.
Contact us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.
Union General Hospital
35 Hospital Rd
Blairsville, GA 30512
- Director: Bonnie Garrett, RN
- Outpatient Phone: 706-439-6478
Chatuge Regional Hospital
110 S Main St
Hiawassee, GA 30546