The Outpatient Services Unit at Union General Hospital provides the following services for our patients:
- Limited Treatments - catheter exchanges, enemas, etc.
- Medication Administration - intravenous and intramuscular
- Blood Transfusions
- IV Therapy - IV fluids, other IV medications given via IV (iron infusions, immunolglobulin, etc)
- PICC line and Port-A-Cath flushes, lab draws and dressing changes
- Medications and treatment orders from an out of town doctor - patient must have writtened and signed orders. Narcotics and controlled meds have to have an original prescription, not a faxed copy.
- Administration of Outpatient heart failure diuretics in conjunction with cardiologists.
A small waiting area is provided for families and/or friends of loved ones, but is limited to only one person per patient. Because all of the services are outpatient, there is no overnight stay. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Union General Hospital
35 Hospital Rd
Blairsville, GA 30512
- Director: Bonnie Garrett, RN
- Phone: 706-439-6307
Chatuge Regional Hospital
110 S Main St
Hiawassee, GA 30546